U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data and conform to ITAR regulations
Urbineer is composed of experienced, hands-on, multidisciplinary engineers with a strong background in driving complex concepts to completion. The team was formed around a passion for urban mobility, focusing on ground and aerial transportation in dense urban cities. Our agility and expertise have quickly positioned us to work alongside the major pioneers of the industry. We pride ourselves on creating high profile vehicles for the major firms while ideating and developing our own technologies.
As our portfolio grows, we are focused on building a cohesive team of motivated, versatile, and hands-on engineers that enjoy the fast pace ideation and prototyping environment to bring new technologies and platforms to market. Our company is founded and operated by engineers that continuously foster both technical and professional growth in a rewarding team environment.
A Structural Analyst that will work within the Advanced Vehicle Development Group. This position requires a Structural Analyst to analyze vehicle structure and systems. We are looking for someone with a strong technical foundation in structural analysis and can work through less traditional design approaches. A background in field of airframes but also familiar with ground vehicle chassis. We work through early design trade challenges through critical design solutions.
To Be Successful
A candidate must demonstrate an aptitude for structural optimization and designing with high strength to weight materials for advanced structures. Being able to perform early structural layout trades on the configuration to detailed analysis of complex interfaces. A knowledge of prototyping techniques and methods of manufacturing will be needed to work within the design teams to take ideas from concept to deployment in next generation product platforms.
- Providing support to new vehicle configuration trades and layout
- Analyzing structures with advanced material and manufacturing methodology
- Optimizing designs and validating flightworthiness through analysis
- Managing loads models
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience performing airframe stress/strain analysis
- Direct experience creating large complex models with FEMAP/Nastran or equivalent software
- Strong understanding of airframe layout, modeling techniques, and analysis approaches
- Strong understanding of aerospace approach to classical hand calculations (Bruhn, Niu, Peterson)
- Strong understanding of load path layout and manipulation for weight optimized structures
- Experience analyzing/optimizing composite structures and developing laminate schedules
- Ability to trade materials selection and design concepts for strength, stiffness, and manufacturability
- Experience performing buckling, modal, and nonlinear analysis
- Ability to perform joint analysis using a combination of FEA and hand calculations
- Ability to analyze and trade nontraditional structures
- Master’s in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to support airframe development programs from clean sheet layout, global loads models, detail component analysis, and margins reports.
- Experience with post-buckled structures
- Experience with progressive failure analysis and cohesive zone modeling
- Experience with LS-DYNA and/or HyperSizer
- Basic understanding of manufacturing techniques such as composite hand lamination, CNC machining, turning, and sheet metal.
- Experience using CAD tools such as SolidWorks and/or CATIA
- Be an integral part of a team dedicated to building the next generation products and vehicles
- Opportunities to continuously learn and collaborate with our innovative and knowledgeable technical staff including industry proven engineers in aero-mechanical systems.
- Being part of an accelerated prototyping and design team where you get to work on endless projects at the forefront of technology and a vision for how these systems will get incorporated into the world