U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data and conform to ITAR regulations
Urbineer is composed of experienced, hands-on, multidisciplinary engineers with a strong background in driving complex concepts to completion. The team was formed around a passion for urban mobility, focusing on ground and aerial transportation in dense urban cities. Our agility and expertise have quickly positioned us to work alongside the major pioneers of the industry. We pride ourselves on creating high profile vehicles for the major firms while ideating and developing our own technologies.
As our portfolio grows, we are focused on building a cohesive team of motivated, versatile, and hands-on engineers that enjoy the fast pace ideation and prototyping environment to bring new technologies and platforms to market. Our company is founded and operated by engineers that continuously foster both technical and professional growth in a rewarding team environment.
Urbineer is looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to be in our R&D group and will play a vital role in developing next generation autonomous systems. As a member of our team, you will be involved with a variety of projects: rotorcraft / aerospace vehicles, ground vehicles, personal mobility devices, and even developing computer vision algorithms to enable autonomy in small scale robotics projects. You will be working in a challenging and fast paced work environment on multidisciplinary teams.
To Be Successful
A candidate must demonstrate the ability to learn new skills on the job, ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team, and have extensive experience in bringing system hardware designs from concept to deployment in a robotics context.
- Design electrical system architecture for autonomous systems
- Execute design engineering methodology and conduct trade studies
- Work with multidisciplinary team to engineer creative solutions to novel problems
- Conduct electro-mechanical system hardware design, CAD modeling, PCB layout & design, firmware development.
- Implementation of machine learning in a variety of environments
- BS or higher degree in robotics, computer science, aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or systems engineering
- Industry experience of 4+ years
- 3+ years of industry software development experience using languages such as C/C++, C#, Python, and Java
- 3+ years of industry experience in embedded system programming and familiarity with a Linux Environment
- Working knowledge of interfacing with sensors using USB, I2C, SPI, GPIO
- Strong experience with microcontrollers, microprocessors, SBCs such as: AVR/Arduino, ARM, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone.
- Experience with real-time sensor fusion or SLAM (e.g. accelerometers, gyros, lidar, camera, radar, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools such as GIT
- Experience with component level hardware design, PCB layout and board bring-up
- Familiarity with console and graphical UI frameworks, such as Qt
- You are comfortable deploying neural network trained models on Linux systems and microcontrollers
- Familiarity with robotic development environments such as ROS, Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio, AWS, etc.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related quantitative field
- Industry Experience 7+ years
- 5+ years of industry software development experience using languages such as C/C++, C#, Python, Java, GoLang, Scala.
- 5+ years of industry embedded programming experience in an industrial electronics industry as an embedded systems design engineer.
- You are comfortable deploying neural network trained models on low-power accelerators such as FPGAs or custom ASICs, SBCs, SoCs.
- Familiarity with vehicle dynamics (ground/air), control system design, motion analysis, and SLAM
- You are comfortable deploying trained models on low-power accelerators such as FPGAs or custom ASICs
- Experience with DSP/GPU optimization,multi-thread programming and parallel processing architecture
- Familiarity with networking protocols for data transfer and timing (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, PTP)
- You understand digital signal processing and can develop code for WiFI, 802.1x, bluetooth, RFID, NFC solutions.
- Experience with RF and EMI characterization, antenna design, low powered wireless systems.
- Knowledge about firmware security, secure communication, TLS and encryption/decryption
- Experience with design and optimization of power electronics (high voltage and low voltage) with actuators, motors, drive systems, etc.
- Be an integral part of a team dedicated to building the next generation of robotics and autonomous systems
- Opportunities to continuously learn and collaborate with our innovative and knowledgeable technical staff including industry proven engineers in aero-mechanical systems.
- Being part of an accelerated prototyping and design team where you get to work on endless projects at the forefront of technology and a vision for how these systems will get incorporated into the world